Monday, December 8, 2008

What about Texas Tech?

The BCS bowls were announced Sunday night, and everybody knows that the championship match-up is Florida- Oklahoma. But what some people don't notice is the fact that 11-1 Texas Tech, the only team to beat the "Championship Worthy" Texas Longhorns, did not get an "At Large" bid to the BCS. Instead, Ohio State did. A team in a weaker conference than Texas Tech and a worse record than Texas Tech, but still got the bid. This is almost an outrage really. If I were a Texas Tech fan, then I would be raving about it, but since i'm not, I just don't think it's fair. Texas Techs only loss was to Oklahoma, now in the National Championship. I don't just think it's unfair, but it totally changes my opinion on the BCS. I don't know how the computers screwed up here, i'd rather see Texas Tech play Alabama than Utah play Alabama. Go ahead, kick the whiny BCS buster school out that never beat ANYONE! Why them? Almost as sorry as when Pete Carol was getting interviewed by ESPN on Sunday afternoon and said that his team had "a very tough schedule" with only one ranked on their schedule, and still losing, but some how getting to the Rose Bowl anyways, where Home Field advantage is King (Cough Cough, Rose Bowl, Cough Cough, is played in USC's stadium, Cough Cough). But either way, I still think that Texas Tech got the bad end of the deal when it comes to bowl games, they beat Texas, and this is what they get?

3 comments:

Ryan said...

The rose bowl isn't held in usc's stadium. it is held in UCLA's stadium (cough,cough UCLA's stadium name is ROSE BOWL cough,cough USC's is LAS ANGELES MEMORIAL COLLISIUM.
Notice that I said ROSE BOWL!!!!!!!!!

Ryan said...

That last comment was by Riv

William said...

My bad, I was almost absolutely sure that it was their stadium. but either way, they have HUGE home field advantage